Why Training Doesn’t Work
On 13th September 2011 Wise Buy Managing Director Paul Peters delivered a thought-provoking presentation - ‘Why Training Doesn’t Work’ - at the UK Housekeepers Association meeting in London.
Simply ‘telling’ you what to change delivers superficial outcomes and does not create a sustainable transformation in professional business behaviour. Unlike traditional training courses, our Personal Maturity Model permanently changes behaviours and beliefs - out of which flows the unforced ability to improve.
Wise Buy offers a genuine, ethical and holistic approach to leadership, management, and personal development and empowers each individual.
So why does the Wise Buy approach to learning and development work?
- Accelerated learning techniques are applied in order to maximise retention of learning and to enliven and energise the learning process. These techniques include; exercises, activity variation, action planning, implementation plans and multi-sensory learning.
- All theories are supported by experiential skills practice and all the intellectual and theoretical concepts are complemented with realistic application methods.
- The delivery style is lively, inspiring and down to earth and delegates are always approached from a non-judgmental position.
- Jargon and buzzwords are avoided and theoretical concepts are always presented in an understandable format.
- Self-limiting beliefs and tendencies are explored, providing unique insights into the working of the human mind and spirit.
- By working from the inside out the process of self-awareness and self-confidence is supported.
What Wise Buy delivers is a premium ‘business school’ experience that is affordable, down-to-earth, highly effective, and sustainable.
More about Hazel…
She specialises in interpersonal relations and communications and is a member of the CIPD and CIPS and has a Post Graduate Diploma in Organisational Psychology. She is has worked in public, private and non-for-profit organisations where every day major change is a way of being. She draws on her extensive industry and consulting experience to convey information in a down to earth and practical way.
Hazel is adept at dealing with very senior managers and understanding the political workings of organisations. She has a natural ability for putting people from all levels at their ease and communicating in a style appropriate for their needs.
You can watch Hazel talking about one of our principles, ‘Acceptance’, here.